Down By the Station as We Honor Rod Diridon, Sr.
Thursday, October 6, 2022 at History Park
Purchase Tickets / Become a Sponsor
History San José is delighted to announce that this year’s 2022 Valley of Heart’s Delight honoree will be our very own Rod Diridon, Sr.! His dedication to preserving the Valley’s railroad history while simultaneously creating the Valley Transportation Authority is a great example of how the past can influence the present.
Please join us on Thursday, October 6, 2022, 5:30-9:00 pm at History Park as we honor Rod and his transportation legacy.
This major fundraiser allows History San José to offer free and low-cost programming for our many school programs that serve more than 10,000 students each year, and our cultural events for the over 100,000 visitors who engage in our hands-on experiences and activities.
We hope you share History San José’s vision of preserving and celebrating our local history and will help us in honoring Rod by purchasing tickets or becoming an event sponsor for our 2022 Valley of Heart’s Delight fundraiser.
Your contribution will help us maintain History San José’s position as one of the leading cultural institutions in Northern California.
Business Casual or Railroad attire.
5:30 PM – Cocktail Reception:
- Indulge in our signature train-themed cocktail
- Listen to the sounds of the Singing Conductors
- Enjoy a whiskey tasting provided by 10th Street Distillery
- Visit the Trolley Barn & be the first to see our new exhibit Rod Diridon, Sr.: A Life of Public Service
- Ride a historic trolley
6:30 PM – Dinner
7:30 PM – Program honoring Rod Diridon, Sr.
- Welcome by HSJ Board Chair Liam O’Connor & HSJ President & CEO Bill Schroh, Jr.
- State Senator Dave Cortese
- Jaria Jaug, Field Representative — Assemblymember Alex Lee Office-
- Esther Peralez-Dieckmann, District Chief of Staff — Office of Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
- Former CTRC President Michael Kotowski
- Rod Diridon, Sr.
8:30 PM – Fund-A-Need: Help Restore the Coyote Train Depot
Please follow the signs for the Valley of Heart’s Delight event on Senter Road to the Kelley Park sign that says Historical Museum/Japanese Friendship Garden. You will be entering History Park from our new North entrance road located in the K2 parking lot between History Park and the
Japanese Friendship Garden.
Thank you to our Sponsors & Partners
Marianne and Carl Salas
County Supervisor Ken Yeager (Ret.)
Brenna Bolger, PRxDigital
Portuguese Historical Museum
Heather Lerner & Jay Alexander
You must be logged in to post a comment.