The Reality Capture Technology Summer Camp
July 3-14, 2017
9:00am to 4:00pm
3D Laser Scanning/Engineering Camp for students and participants age 15 years and older.
First Week: History Park (1650 Senter Road, San Jose)
The first week at History Park will focus on digital documentation of structures using laser scanners. We will divide participants into teams and assign each team an engineering project at History Park.
The content will include:
1. Developing Engineering/Surveyor’s journal for the project
2. Surveyor’s rendering and project map
3. Surveying processes
4. Laser scanning/Data Collection
5. Guest speakers: Preservation Action Council, History San Jose, Autodesk
Second Week: Cogswell College (191 Baypointe Pkwy, San Jose)
The second week at Cogswell College will focus on processing the data collected at History Park. Each student will learn to register a 3D point cloud using FARO Scene 6.2 software.
Students will import the registered point cloud data from FARO Scene to various other software packages via Autodesk Recap. The idea is to allow students some exposure to software and processes that are standard across multiple industries and disciplines.
The content will include:
1. Large group project: laser scanning of Cogswell College
2. Hands on FARO Scene 3D Software
3. Hands on tutorial on scan registration
4. Guest speaker(s) from various industries; Architects, Building/Construction/Design, Animation/Motion Picture, Survey/Geomatics, Historic Preservation
5. Develop “Flythrough” project videos: YouTube/VIMEO uploads
Our program emphasizes best engineering practices, including the importance of working in teams. Teams are usually made up of a combination of high school and college students however; we also encourage any interested teachers to sign up for our programs.
SPACE IS LIMITED. We are only accepting 20 students for this year’s technology camp so sign up as early as possible.
There will be an orientation and tour of History Park April 29th from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
PointZ Taken at the Intersection of Art-Engineering-Design-Technology
Summer Camp Schedule3>
Week One at History Park – Laser Scanning/Digital Documentation
Monday July 3rd 9:00 to 4:00
Tuesday July 4th Closed for Holiday
Wednesday July 5th 9:00 to 4:00
Thursday July 6th 9:00 to 4:00
Friday July 7th 9:00 to 4:00
Week Two at Cogswell College – Data Processing/Point Cloud
Monday July 10th 10:00 to 4:00
Tuesday July 11th 10:00 to 4:00
Wednesday July 12th 10:00 to 4:00
Thursday July 13th 10:00 to 4:00
Friday July 14th 10:00 to 4:00