Please use this form to submit requests for genealogical and biological information. For general research inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may submit up to two names per form.
- Include FULL name(s), locality within the Santa Clara County, and approximate dates.
- There is a standard $10 fee per request. The fee is FOR THE SEARCH – we charge for the time spent doing research, whether the information is found in the records or not.
- The fee includes up to 10 pages of photocopies or up to 20 scans. If there are additional charges, we will contact you before we proceed.
- You will receive a photocopy or scan of the relevant documents or pages, depending on the resource. The default method is a digital scan emailed to your address; if you would prefer a photocopy please note that in the comments section of the form.
- You should receive a confirmation within one business day of receiving the request. Expect up to 10 days for the request to be fulfilled.
Please see the Biographical Research Guide for a full description of each resource. We have very limited information on individuals who died after 1920.
By check: Please print form and mail to:
Curator of Library and Archives
History San José
1650 Senter Road
San José, CA 95112-2599
Enclose a check or money order for the full fee amount, made out to History San José. Your order will not be processed without it.
Pay Online: Complete the form and press the Submit button once you are finished. You will be re-directed to a secure payment site where you can enter your credit card details. Be sure to note the total amount for your research request as you will be asked to enter it on the payment form.
Please note: Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. We cannot process your request without this information.