Fees for the recovery of costs related to production and research assistance are set with the approval of the Board of Directors of History San Jose. Reproductions, including photographs, are subject to the discretion of the staff in order to protect copyright and other legal issues as well as to ensure the long-term security and maintenance of the documents and photographs.
- $5.00 for each name search per resource.
- Please use the Research Request Form to submit your request.
- 8.5” x 11” $0.25
- 8.5” x 14” $0.50
- 11” x 17” $1.00
- 8.5” x 11” $0.35
We are happy to provide scanned documents (excluding images, and provided the documents are suitable for scanning) via email instead of mailing paper copies. If you have paid for a research request, the cost of scanning is included. For other requests, the first 10 pages are free; after that, the cost is $0.10/page.
Mailing and Faxing Documents:
- Mail: Postage and handling minimum charge of $3.00
- Fax: $2.00 for first page, $1.00 for each additional page (Maximum of 20 faxed pages per patron)
Image Rights & Reproductions
- Download our Rights and Reproductions Fee Schedule
History San Jose does not sell photographic prints directly. We have partnered with Zenfolio to provide high quality prints, canvases, and gift items at http://historysanjose.zenfolio.com/. You may request images from our collection be added to Zenfolio for purchase.
Fees may be negotiated at the discretion of the Curator of Library and Archives.