A neo-classic rowhouse of similar vintage as the DeLuz House, this structure was built and occupied by the Mateo Pasettas and their nine children. Born in Yugoslavia in 1865, Mateo Pasetta arrived in the United States in 1882. He settled in San José in 1896, and became involved in the fruit drying industry, establishing several packing plants and orchards. The house was donated to the Museum by his grandson, Robert J. Bettencourt.
1650 Senter Road | San Jose, CA 95112 History Park Entrance
635 Phelan Avenue Peralta Adobe-Fallon House Historic Site
175 West Saint John Street Phone: 408.287.2290 Research: 408.521.5025 Fax: 408.287.2291
Original copyright 2011+ History San José | All rights reserved