- This event has passed.
Silicon Valley Bikes Festival
May 7 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us for the 3rd Annual Silicon Valley Bikes Festival & Bicycle Show!
A Collaboration between History San José, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Mineta Transportation Institute, Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine, Pops Fabrication, Petite Galleria and Santa Clara Valley Brewing
Come join our Valley’s racing, road, recumbent, mountain, BMX, cargo biking, custom, cruiser, fixed gear, low rider, recreation and bike polo playing communities, clubs, riding groups and their families for a day of celebrating cycling and its history, family fun, community building, and an off-the-hook bicycle show by Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine & Pops Fabrication.
Cost: Admission to the public is $5, kids five and under are free and $5 per show bike
*Food Trucks * Craft Beer * Kids’ Space * Bicycle Show * Free Valet Bike Parking * *Expo * BMX Stunt Riding * Demo’s * Amazing Vendors * Edifying Talks * History Exhibit* Artists & Artisans
2017 Silicon Valley Bikes Festival Highlights
- Meet the Santa Clara Valley’s cycling clubs and riding groups; enjoy roller racing and bike polo demonstrations
- Thrill to shows by BMX stunt riders! hosted by the City of San José’s Active Sports Program
- Enjoy Santa Clara Valley Brewing’s hand crafted beer, food truck fare, picnic areas, historical buildings and music by DJ Gorillaz in da Mixx and the San José Bike Party sound bikes
- Tours of the Silicon Valley Bikes! exhibit and historic talks by celebrity cyclists TBA
- Family Activities: A kids’ space with free games, prizes, art activities, face painting and helmet give-aways hosted by Our City Forest, the Children’s Discovery Museum, the City of San José’s Department of Transportation’s Safe Streets Program and the San José Public Library’s Summer Reading Program & Bike Tours
- A spectacular and “off the hook” bicycle show hosted by Matt Rodriquez of Pops Fabrication and Joe Rodriquez, photographer and publisher of Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine
- Amazing vendors with a bicycling, hand crafted and local focus
- Visit our Cargo Bike Village, take a test drive and learn about their possibilities, generously hosted by Rene Netter and the Bay Area Cargo Bike Collective
- An Artisans market featuring bicycle themed art and craft by local artists, artisans and craft persons, generously hosted by April Gee of the Petite Galleria
- Our Public Advocacy meeting welcomes both members of our Valley’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committees and the public to an informative, informal and lively meeting featuring presentations by BART, Mineta Transportation Institute, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition and other transportation focused agencies for the latest on bicycling in our region. It’s also an opportunity for the general public to meet and speak with members of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committees (BPAC) of Santa Clara County’s individual cities plus the Valley Transportation Authority’s (VTA) BPAC.