Work continues on History Park’s Empire Firehouse to transform it into a brand new interactive exhibit space. Recently several historic fire vehicles from the San Jose Fire Museum were moved into the space, including a Hand Drawn Chemical Fire Cart, c.1890, and a Hand Drawn Hose Cart, c.1880 – both restored by HSJ Volunteers.
Work has just begun on installing large scale photo murals in the space. The one seen here features an image, c.1885, of a fire station formerly located on North Market Street with horse-drawn engines and firefighters standing in front. Stay tuned for more updates!